|Page (1) of 1 - 01/11/12||email article||print page|
AIIM Conference 2012 Addresses Challenges in Social, Big Data, Cloud, and BeyondStellar Keynotes From David Pogue, Clay Shirky, Ted Schadler, R "Ray" Wang, Michael Chui and Others (January 11, 2012)
SILVER SPRING, MD -- (Marketwire) -- 01/11/12 -- AIIM, the global community for information professionals, is pleased to announce a new AIIM Conference March 20-22, 2012 at the Grand Hyatt in San Francisco, CA, focused on "Managing Information in a Social, Local, and Mobile Era." The new AIIM Conference will feature fast-paced and inspiring keynote speakers, unparalleled networking and interactivity delivered through tracks on: engaging customers and employees in new ways, transforming processes through mobile technologies, and maintaining control in the cloud.
"The convergence of social, mobile, and local technologies is revolutionizing the way we think about enterprise information," notes AIIM President John Mancini. "Traditionally, IT focused on either the deployment of enterprise software applications -- with assumption that the more complicated the better -- along with the plumbing of our information infrastructures. Businesses now need professionals that understand the management, stewardship, and application of the information assets themselves. The new AIIM Conference is designed from the ground up to help give these information professionals the tools they need to help their organizations meet the challenges -- and opportunities -- that lie ahead."
Keynote presentations will be delivered by industry luminaries, including:
- David Pogue, Tech Columnist, New York Times
- R "Ray" Wang, Principal Analyst and CEO, Constellation Research Group
- Michael Chui, Senior Fellow, McKinsey Global Institute (MGI)
- Clay Shirky, Best-selling Author and Teacher, NYU
- Ted Schadler, Vice President, Principal Analyst, and Co-author of Empowered, Forrester Research
- Dion Hinchcliffe, Executive Vice President of Strategy, Dachis Group
- Karuana Gatimu, Director, Ecommerce & Marketing Operations, Skechers
- Craig Hepburn, Global Director Digital and Social Media, Nokia
- John Mancini, President, AIIM
Three conference tracks, designed to educate and share practical use-cases, will be delivered by hands-on practitioners and industry experts.
- Engage: use content and social technologies to share knowledge and engage with customers;
- Process: automate and optimize the flow of content associated with operational and administrative processes;
- Control: manage information throughout its lifecycle in order to minimize risk and comply with regulations.
Platinum sponsors of the event include: ABBYY, BOX, EMC, Hyland Software, IBM, Kofax, and Oracle.
Gold sponsors include: Accellion, Alfresco, AnyDoc, ARX, ASG, Bamboo Solutions, Crawford Technologies, Fujitsu, Kodak, NovoDynamics, OpenText, Ricoh, and SpringCM.
Join AIIM Conference speakers and attendees on Twitter @AIIMCON and follow the hashtag #AIIM12 for regular updates. The full AIIM Conference program agenda and registration is available at http://www.aiimconference.com
AIIM has been an advocate and supporter of information professionals for nearly 70 years. The association mission is to ensure that information professionals understand the current and future challenges of managing information assets in an era of social, mobile, cloud and big data. Founded in 1943, AIIM builds on a strong heritage of research and member service. Today, AIIM is a global, non-profit organization that provides independent research, education and certification programs to information professionals. AIIM represents the entire information management community, with programs and content for practitioners, technology suppliers, integrators and consultants.
For more information contact:
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: AIIM, information management, content management, social business, CMS, ECM, collaboration , Applications, Sales & Marketing, Education, Networking, Management, CEO/CFO, Pro AV, Management, Presentors, Business, Marketing, Business Issues, Presentation, Marketing, Marketwire, , Gold, Business,