|Page (1) of 1 - 04/15/14||email article||print page|
Woodloch Pines Family Resort Amps up the Adventure(April 15, 2014)
Hawley, PA (PRWEB) April 15, 2014
Family travel trends have started to take an interesting swing toward the adventurous. In order to meet those needs, Woodloch Pines Family Resort is ready to roll out its VENTURE program this spring. Showcasing new adventure partners, expanded locations and extended hours, the Woodloch Pines team is ready to help families rise to the challenge this family-travel season.
We have been seeing an increase in families wanting to take advantage of our adventure sports, stated John Kiesendahl, owner and general manager of the all-inclusive family resort located in Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains. Beaches are for wimps! Families want adventure, challenge and unique ways to bond and reconnect. Of course we also offer a sandy lakeside beach for post-adventure relaxation, continued Kiesendahl.
With strong support and loyal followers, the Active Vacations Program will be gaining intensity this May, just in time for National Family Wellness Month as it adds new activities and offerings to help vacationing families become more aware of how fun and easy it can be to keep an active lifestyle. The VENTURE program will be available beginning in April and will include the following:
- An expanded Archery Course to include evening archery
- New Stand-Up Paddle Boards available beginning Memorial Day Weekend for private lake experiences or group-led challenging exercises.
- Delaware River White-Water Kayaking Excursions with new partner Northeast Wilderness Experience*
- Hot Air Balloon Adventures for couples and families with new adventure partner Endless Mountains Hot Air Balloons*
- Challenging forest Paint Ball course*
- Climbing Wall
- Nature Trails
- Trap Shooting
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Lake Kayaking, Paddle Boats and Sail Boats
The all-inclusive resort's Active Vacation Program takes a three-pronged approach to family wellness and awareness. Physical, emotional and nutritional components need to be addressed when aiming for integrated family wellness. The program includes:
- Family Fitness Classes
- Family Fitness Exercises (done individually), developed by kids fitness expert, Steve Ettinger.
- In addition, there is a Passport to Fitness which highlights all of the social and physical activities that promote an active lifestyle. Passport holders will get stamped after participating and will potentially win a Woodloch Medal when the passport is full.
- Keep it simple, spend time with family
- Reconnect in meaningful ways with loved ones
- Bond-building games designed to reconnect and encourage families to unite together
- The family resort has partnered with Greener Fields Together to create a program that provides local meats and produce and promotes sustainable food sourcing.
- The family-style meals now feature kid favorites that are revamped to pack in nutrition. For example, macaroni and cheese and spaghetti entrees feature a vegetable-infused whole-grain pasta. Apples are options instead of French fries, and sugar-free desserts are now on the menu.
Designed to be informative and educational, the Active Vacations Program has been blanketed throughout the Woodloch Pines experience. New resources have been added to the resort's website as well as to collateral materials and will continue to be added as the program evolves. The new VENTURE offerings and enhanced Active Vacations Program will kick-off in May 2014 during National Family Wellness Month.
All Active Vacation programming is included within the all-inclusive vacation price. Special May rates offer packages starting from $149 per person per night.
*Certain VENTURE program activities require a minimum age/height to participate and may have limits on the number of people participating. Those marked with an asterisk *also have additional fees that apply, and advance reservations are required.
About Woodloch Pines Resort:
Creating a magical experience for families since 1958, Woodloch Pines Resorts signature warm hospitality keeps guests returning year after year and offers a truly unique all-inclusive family vacation experience fitting for everyones taste. An award-winning family resort, championship golf course and sister property featuring a luxury destination spa are just 95 scenic and convenient miles from New York City nestled in the Pocono Mountains Lake Region.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11765214.htm.