|Page (1) of 1 - 07/17/14||email article||print page|
Wacom to Treat Comic-Con Attendees to Talented and Entertaining Presenters
VANCOUVER, Wash., July 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Wacom's booth (#5336) at the upcoming Comic-Con show at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California, July 23 - 27, is sure to be a hit as top-tier talent demonstrate their creative workflow to attendees. Over the course of the entire show, the select group of presenters will entertain the Comic-Con audience with their drawing and story-telling skills using Wacom's Cintiq interactive pen display and Intuos Pro pen and touch tablet.
Following is Wacom's Comic-Con 2014 presentation schedule:
Thursday, July 24
- 10AM to 12PM Kyle Runciman A talented and enthusiastic demo artist for Autodesk, Kyle will show how concepts are developed using Autodesk's Sketchbook Pro on the Wacom Cintiq. Kyle will also be at the Wacom booth on Comic-Con's preview night, July 23, from 6PM to 9PM.
- 12PM to 1PM Mariano Diaz One of several members of the Costume Designer's Guild joining Wacom at Comic-Con, Mariano will talk about and draw Batroc's costume from the Captain America film.
- 1PM to 2PM Lee Kohse Co-founder of the indie comic publisher, BloodFire and creator of the comic Kindergoth, Lee will delight the crowds with his sense of humor, character design skills and may even display some of his current work from Section 9.
- 2PM to 4PM Caleb Prochnow Professor of illustration at the Ringling College of Art and Design, Caleb will paint digitally and share a mechanical armor concept design with the audience.
- 4PM to 5PM Alex Sinclair An award-winning artist, especially known for his color work on such characters from DC Comics as Batman and Superman, Alex will show his techniques on Wacom's digital canvas.
- 5PM to 7PM Kyle Runciman Encore performance. See above.
Friday, July 25
- 10AM to 11AM Gina DeDomenico Flanagan A member of the Costume Designer's Guild, Gina will talk about the switch from traditional to digital media and how working with the Cintiq accelerated her design process for costume creation in the recent Godzilla movie.
- 11AM to 12PM Alex Konstad Hailing from Section 9, Kyle is a multi-talented artist who will demonstrate his digital design skills with Wacom pen input.
- 12PM to 1PM Pascal Campion Creative Talent Network member and wonderful artist, Pascal has worked for a variety of tier 1 clients including Chevron, Disney, Paramount Pictures and the Cartoon Network. He will demonstrate how he incorporates his own style into the digital age.
- 1PM to 2PM Rob Prior A leading comic book and entertainment industry artist, Rob is perhaps best known for his work on Spawn, Terminator, Heavy Metal and many more. Rob will show how he designs creatures for movies.
- 2PM to 3PM Mark Magner and Diana Leto Mark and Diana, using examples from their work at Sesame Street and ERB, Inc., will show how creative teams work together to make wonderful and enduring art.
- 3PM to 4PM Mariano Diaz Encore performance. See above.
- 4PM to 6PM Caleb Prochnow Caleb from Ringling presents again, this time showing how to develop creatures using the Wacom Cintiq and accompanying creative software.
- 6PM to 7PM Jeff Ranjo A Walt Disney Studios artist, Jeff will draw Olaf, the snowman from the award-winning film Frozen.
Saturday, July 26
- 10AM to 11AM Kyle Runciman Encore performance. See above.
- 11AM to 12PM Dan LuVisi Author and illustrator of the graphic novel "Last Man Standing: Killbook of a Bounty Hunter", Dan will draw the character Gabriel from the book.
- 12PM to 1PM Alex Sinclair Encore performance. See above.
- 1PM to 2PM Diana Leto See how Diana uses the Cintiq to draw My Little Pony. This is one session you will not want to miss.
- 2PM to 3PM Royden Lepp From Archaia Entertainment, Royden will talk about his creative process and demo his illustrative work from his book Rust.
- 3PM to 4PM Mark Magner See how Mark designs, creates and retouches photos using Photoshop and the Cintiq for his fast-paced work at Sesame Street.
- 4PM to 5PM Caleb Prochnow Caleb is on stage again to give another live painting demo and offer up his take on an underground mutant design.
- 5PM to 6PM Mariano Diaz Encore performance. See above.
- 6PM to 7PM Gina DeDomenico Flanagan Encore performance. See above.
Sunday, July 27
- 10AM to 11AM Fiona Staples Illustrator of Saga, the epic space opera/fantasy comic book series, will draw some of the characters from the book and talk about her experiences drawing on a digital platform.
- 11AM to 1PM Caleb Prochnow In his last session for Comic-Con 2014, Caleb creates a bio-mechanical concept with digital ink.
- 1PM to 2PM Alan Villanueva Another talented artist from the Costume Designer's Guild, Alan, who has done some amazing work for a variety of films, will draw the battle armor costume for the character of Artemisia from the movie "300: Rise of the Empire".
- 2PM to 3PM Mariano Diaz Encore performance. See above.
- 3PM to 5PM Kyle Runciman Encore performance. See above.
Founded in 1983, Wacom's vision to bring people and technology closer together through natural interface technologies has made it the world's leading manufacturer of pen tablets, interactive pen displays and digital interface solutions. The advanced technology of Wacom's intuitive input devices, particularly its Cintiq family of pen displays, provide professional animators, designers and artists with the ability to explore digital content creation in a comfortable and natural way.
For more information, please contact:
Sr. Public Relations Manager
Wacom Technology Services, Corp.
SOURCE Wacom Technology Services, Corp.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords: Inc., Film, Lifestyle, Entertainment, Family,