|Page (1) of 1 - 08/26/14||email article||print page|
Unveiling the Flagship Professional-Grade Sound Blaster(R) E5 - A 24-bit/192kHz 120dB High Resolution USB DAC and Portable Headphone AmplifierWith Top-Notch Specifications and Audiophile-Grade Components, the Portable Sound Blaster E5 Brings Incredible Value and Rivals Products that Cost Much More (August 26, 2014)
MILPITAS, CA--(Marketwired - August 26, 2014) - Creative Technology Ltd today launched the Sound Blaster E5 - Flagship of the "Sound Blaster E-Series", and a new audio solution for USB DAC and headphone amplifier.Boasting audiophile-grade specifications and components, the Sound Blaster E5 is designed to deliver bit-perfect audio, allowing mobile users to experience audio as the artists intended.
The new flagship product is an extension of Sound Blaster's E-Series line of compact portable USB audio solutions.Launched in May 2014, the Sound Blaster E-Series includes the Sound Blaster E1 and Sound Blaster E3.
The Sound Blaster E5 will be retailing at an amazing price of USD199.99.
"We have always believed that everyone and anyone should have access to great audio quality and be able to share it, while supporting audio source from various devices - including iOS and Android devices, PC, and Mac.While the video experience of many users today have greatly advanced from HD to 4K resolution, the audio experience on the other hand is still sub-optimum - if 4K TV is four times clearer than Full HD, CD-quality audio, which many listen to today, is at least six times poorer than what 24-bit/192kHz high-resolution audio can offer.This is why we have introduced a top-notch audio solution featuring only the best audio components to provide the "4K TV" experience of audio," says Long Chye Low, General Manager for Sound Blaster Audio at Creative."Listen to your favorite tracks with a good pair of headphones through the Sound Blaster E5 and you will be able to pick out finer details and greater depth of music - as if you were listening to the artist or orchestra performing live." he added.
Audiophile-Grade Components and Specifications
Designed to deliver pristine audio quality, the Sound Blaster E5 is packed with premium-grade components and supported with top-notch specifications:
- Cirrus Logic (CS4398) 120dB DAC supports highresolution audio playback of up to 24-bit/192kHz when connected to PC/Mac,including 24-bit/88.2kHz and 24-bit/176.4kHz
- Cirrus Logic (CS5361) 114dB ADC delivers highquality, low noise analog line-in audio playback and audio recording of upto 24-bit/192kHz
- Texas Instruments (TPA6120A2) 600W headphoneamplifier is capable of driving audiophile-grade headphones, with full anddetailed clarity
- USB 2.0 Host connectivity allows streaming ofhigh quality, lossless digital audio from Android and iOS (up to 24-bit)devices while on the go
- Asynchronous Mode USB Audio greatly reducesjitter and allows accurate high-resolution audio data transfer from thecomputer
- Features a convenient switch that allows usersto select a high gain output required for high-impedance headphones
- Gold-plated audio connectors create precisecontact for low signal loss
The Sound Blaster E5 boasts a full range of connectivity options for smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs.
- Digital High-Speed USB 2.0 connectivity toPC/Mac as a powerful external Sound Blaster
- Digital USB Host connectivity to selectiOS/Android models for direct high quality, lossless audio streaming*
- Built-in rechargeable 3200mAh lithium polymerbattery provides users up to 8 hours^ of playtime while on the go
- Features wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Low Energyconnectivity and Near Field Communication (NFC) technology for one-touchBluetooth pairing and control
- Supports HD audio codecs such as aptX LowLatency and AAC for a wireless connection as good as a wired connection
- Connects to entertainment devices such astelevisions and game consoles via the optical input jack
- Features a line-in option for analogconnectivity to other various audio sources
- Dual headphone jacks allow for simultaneousaudio listening
- iOS devices using Lightning connector (iPhone 5, 5S, 5C, iPad Air, iPad Mini)
- Android devices (Samsung Galaxy S4, S5, Note 2, Note 3; Google Nexus 5, Nexus 7; Sony Xperia Z Ultra; Xiaomi Redmi, Redmi Note, Mi 3; LG G2)
^ Actual battery life will vary with usage scenarios, settings and environmental conditions.
Other Great Features
- For additional real-time audio enhancement formusic, movies and games, the built-in multi-core SB-Axx1 multi-core audioDSP allows users to activate Sound Blaster's intelligent processingcapabilities via the SBX Pro Studio suite of technologies - all at atouch of a button.It can also be switched off when listening tolossless audio
- Built-in beamforming CrystalVoice microphonesfor audio recording and calls
- Supports dual orientation mic recording -automatically detects and reacts to landscape or portrait orientation ofthe device, allowing for better audio recording
- Total audio control over Sound Blaster E5 on anyplatform - PC, Mac, iOS or Android. The Sound Blaster E-Series ControlPanel for PC/Mac users, while the Sound Blaster Central mobile applicationfor iOS and Android devices gives users full access to customize theiraudio settings, like a remote control right in the palm of their hand.
- ASIO support allows for reduced latency for ahigher resolution audio experience
- Comes with a detachable holder to prop the SoundBlaster E5 up for Skype calls or mounted onto a mic stand for recording
Pricing and Availability
The Creative Sound Blaster E5, priced at USD199.99, will be available from October 2014 at the online store at creative.com.
For in-store availability, please refer to local authorised dealers.
For more information about the Creative Sound Blaster E5, please visit www.creative.com/E5/.
Creative is a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products.Famous for its Sound Blaster sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment with cutting-edge audio solutions, premium wireless speakers, wireless headphones and portable media devices.Today, Creative re-invents the Sound Blaster, which has a user base of over 400 million,with its ground-breaking Sound Blaster Roar and Sound BlasterAxx that aim at the new mobile networked generation by bridging the worlds of the computer, smartphones, and tablets.Creative's proprietary technologies, innovative hardware, applications and services leverage the Internet, enabling consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment - anytime, anywhere.
The following files are available for download:
Creative Labs, Inc.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords:Computers/Peripherals, Audio/Sound, Internet, Computer, Notebook/Laptop, WiFi/Wireless, Tablets, USB, Computers/Home Office, Communications, Gaming, Digital Audio, Movies & Music, Digital Toys, Web, Tablets, Speakers, Sound Cards, Handheld, Smart Phone, tablet, Speakers, Headphones/Earplugs, iPad, Movies by Genre, Games, Tablet, Search, Applications, Music, Video, Google, Audio Professionals, Recording, Live, Computers/Peripherals, Internet/Web, Computer, Workstation/CPU, Input/Output, WiFi/Wireless, Notebook/Laptop/Tablets, iOS, Internet, Phone OS, 4K, Video, Mac, Android, OS9, OSX, Marketwire, Sony, Science, Television, Music, Communications Technology, Internet Technology, Game Technology, Entertainment, Internet, Other,