|Page (1) of 1 - 04/14/14||email article||print page|
The Battle to Lead OTT Services(April 14, 2014)
(PRWEB) April 14, 2014
Giles will discuss if app developers have completely reshaped device usage and how wireless carriers are going to re-strategise to avoid falling into the back seat. The Open Mobile Summit will map the emerging trends in the converging mobile, media and Internet ecosystem. It brings together C level executives worldwide to engage in a dialogue to devise new business rules and opportunities for the post mobile era. The event will look take snapshots from across the entire value chain, to asses how they plan to put the consumer experience of mobile at the centre of all innovations. Giles Corbett started Libon for Orange Vallée, a disruptive innovation centre at Orange, 3 years ago. Prior to this, he was advisor to the BBC on mobile, CEO of Eccosphere, a mobile social network start-up, CEO of In-Fusio, a past leader in mobile games and Services Marketing Director for SFR, a French mobile operator. He has been a non-executive director for start-ups, including ScreenTonic a mobile advertising company and a consultant at Arthur D. Little. He is already part of the TED community having talked on the importance of privacy at TED Global in 2010.
Ina Vaduvescu, project director of the Open Mobile Summit said This discussion about OTT services is incredibly pertinent right now. There is a perception that wireless carriers have been seen to loose out, and their business models are faltering as a result. However we have seen partnerships between carriers and new innovations emerge, and we mustnt forget that wireless carriers control the data. We can only imagine the advantage this will give them to devise OTT services that fit directly into consumers lifestyles. However what they are planning to do is yet to be seen but its worth keeping a close eye on.
This discussion is only a part of the mobile discussions to take place at the Open Mobile Summit. A cross pollination of experts allows attendees to learn and network beyond their niche in this ecosystem where each vertical effects the next.
Topics: The Trends Changing the Face of Mobility
Open Mobile Summit will explore the must know topics to forge forward in this fast past, constantly evolving mobile space:
· NEW TOOLS IN ADVERTISING: Is it possible to improve customer experience through new technologies such as iBeacons or NFC? And, how will programmatic scheduling and real time bidding change the face of advertising?
·TV GOES DIGITAL: Its all about the show, not the screen. In order to keep up with their ravenous mobile consuming audience, broadcasters need to adapt their digital strategies. How are they upgrading on design and native advertising?
· WEARABLES A REVOLUTION IN FASHION AND LIFESTYLE SERVICES: With message alerts and payments flowing through the wristbands, what is the next step towards lifestyle services? How long until wearables become the next fashion idol?
· WEB VS. APPS: WHATS THE RIGHT CHOICE? Mobile apps offer increased performance and UX advantages. But, browsers promise to render some of these apps obsolete as connection speeds, functionality and mobile design improve.
· PLAYING THE ENTERPRISE GAME: From juggling BYOD and Cloud to safeguarding data, it all comes down to understanding the players mobile mind shift. Learn how deploying gamification can help you move to the next level.
· MPAYMENTS JOINS FORCES WITH RETAIL: Bridging the digital and physical worlds! How can delivering a contextually relevant mcommerce experience help give retail customers what they want, when they want it?
· NET NEUTRALITY RULING MOVES THE GOAL POSTS: The US court has decided against net neutrality and network operators are getting heavily involved in issues such as mobile identity. As a result, personal data becomes the holy grail of customer insight.
For the complete Open Mobile Summit conference programme and speaker line-up, visit: http://www.openmobilemedia.com/london
Our Most Prestigious Speaker Line-Up Ever
80+ industry leading voices will take to the stage on 19th-20th May including:
· Dan Heaf, Chief Digital Officer, BBC Worldwide
· Domagoj Jurjevic, Vice Chair, BEREC
· Purvi Parekh, Partner, Co-head, Telecoms Group,Olswang LLP
· Andrew Bud, Chairman,MEF
· Kevin McKenzie, Chief Digital Officer, Westfield Group
· Hany Fam, President, Global Strategic Alliances, MasterCard
· Brandon Berger, Worldwide Chief Digital Officer, Ogilvy & Mather
· Jon Block, Controller Commercial Digital products, ITV
· Mark Curtis, Chief Client officer and Co-founder, Fjord
· Surjit Chana, CMO, IBM Europe
· Mark Rolston, Founder & Chief Creative, ArgoDesign
· Jay Bregman, CEO, Hailo
· Aaron Shapiro, CEO, HUGE
The full speaker line-up is available on the website:
For the complete Open Mobile Summit 2014 conference program and speaker line-up, access the e-brochure at http://www.openmobilemedia.com/london/ contact the Open Mobile Media Team at email@example.com
Register before 25th Aprilvia the secure link below to take advantage of a £100 saving on all conference passes: https://secure.openmobilemedia.com/london/register.php
About Open Mobile Media:
The Open Mobile Summit is the definitive industry conference for the leaders of the future mobile economy. Open Mobile Media is part of FC Business Intelligence Ltd. FC Business Intelligence Ltd is a registered company in England and Wales - Registered number 04388971, 7-9 Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX, UK, http://www.openmobilemedia.com
Media and Press Contact:
+44 (0)20 7422 4326
- See more at: http://analysis.openmobilemedia.com/apps-mobile-tech/battle-lead-ott-services#sthash.CSj4v1xA.dpuf
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11756893.htm.