|Page (1) of 1 - 09/17/13||email article||print page|
Surprising Habits of Cross-Platform Gamers Revealed in New Research by Arkadium(September 17, 2013)
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 09/17/13 -- Arkadium, creators of the largest library of casual games in the world, released data today from a recent research study they conducted on the habits of cross-platform gamers. Arkadium conducted the study after announcing that the funds from their recent Series A financing would primarily go toward building out the company's cross-platform development capabilities. The survey gathered insightful information about U.S. mobile and Facebook gamer habits, including monetization, engagement, social activity and game discovery.
Some key findings from the Arkadium study include:
- 43 percent of respondents have made in-game purchases in a mobile game
- 38 percent of respondents have made in-game purchases in a Facebook game
- 48 percent of respondents play more than three mobile games per week
- 56 percent of respondents play more than three Facebook games per week
- 46 percent of respondents that play cross-platform said that playing games with friends is the most important feature to them, compared to sharing with friends, purchasing items and goods in a game, unlocking new content, and game notifications.
- 63 percent of respondents said they discovered Facebook games through a friend's invitation
To learn more, Arkadium has created an infographic with all the highlights from the survey's findings, accessible here.
Peanut Labs conducted the survey on behalf of Arkadium in Q2 2013; 1,500 U.S. game players responded, including an even mix of male and female respondents, 18 years of age and older.
Arkadium, creators of the largest library of casual games in the world, has been a prominent game development studio for over 12 years. We deliver easy-to-play, hard-to-quit games for all, including Taptiles®, Sparks, Trizzle, Mahjongg Dimensions, and many more. Whether it's with cards, cubes or the occasional monkey, more than ten million consumers worldwide enjoy Arkadium's games every month on the web, mobile devices, Facebook and Windows 8. Arkadium has also pioneered hundreds of game launches through its partnership network of brand and publisher sites such as MSN, CNN, AARP, Comcast, Discovery, and numerous others. Founded in 2001, the company is headquartered in New York City, with an office in Simferopol, Ukraine. For more information visit www.arkadium.com or follow us on Twitter @Arkadium.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords:Game Development, USA, Marketwire, Internet Technology, Game Technology, Gamers,