|Page (1) of 1 - 06/19/14||email article||print page|
Schools Out for the Shmooper: This Year on Shmoop(June 19, 2014)
Mountain View, California (PRWEB) June 19, 2014
Another year, another stampede of students and teachers doing their thing on Shmoop. Shmoop, a digital publishing company that makes fresh, engaging resources for students and teachers, reports this school years stats:
· To Kill a Mockingbird was the most popular guide on Shmoopby a landslide. No ones surprised, as this little novel also took the title of Shmoops Literary March Madness Champion.
· More people read about The Great Gatsby than Of Mice and Men and The Catcher in the Rye combined.
· Shakespeare took the author cake, with 4 of Shmoops Top 25 most-read guides.
· The Hunger Games trilogy didnt lose its mojo: all three books were in the Top 50 most-read guides. Also making the cut? Tons of book-to-movie blockbusters including Divergent, The Fault in Our Stars, and The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
· Essay Lab shot up in popularity. More people used Essay Lab than read about Dracula.
· When it comes to Test Prep, folks still love their ACT* and SAT* more than any other exam.
Shmoops take? No matter how many vampires, dystopias, or fancy new exams make their way onto the scene, the classics arent going anywhere anytime soon.
Shmoop is a digital curriculum and test prep company that makes fun, rigorous learning and teaching resources. Shmoop content is written by experts and teachers, who collaborate to create high-quality and engaging materials for teachers and students. Shmoop Courses, Test Prep, Teaching Guides, and Learning Guides balance a teen-friendly, approachable style with academically rigorous concepts. Shmoop sees 10 million unique visitors a month on its site and offers more than 7,000 titles across the Web, iPhone, Android devices, iPad, Kindle, Nook, and Sony Reader. The company has been honored twice by the Webby Awards, named Best in Tech twice by Scholastic Administrator, and awarded with two Annual Education Software Review Awards (EDDIES). Launched in 2008, Shmoop is headquartered in a labradoodle-patrolled office in Mountain View, California.
*SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of and does not endorse this product.
*ACT is a federally registered trademark of ACT, Inc. Shmoop University is not affiliated with or endorsed by ACT, Inc.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11957180.htm.