|Page (1) of 1 - 02/05/14||email article||print page|
RCN Brings Customers NBCUniversal's Coverage of 2014 Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia, February 6 - 23(February 05, 2014)
Princeton, NJ (PRWEB) February 05, 2014
RCN, in agreement with NBCUniversal, today announced a multiplatform content offering for NBCUniversals coverage of the XXII Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia, to commence on Thursday, February 6, and run through Sunday, February 23. RCNs Digital TV video subscribers will have access to NBCUniversals unprecedented 1,500+ hours of Winter Olympic programming, including every Olympic competition, live and on-demand and across multiple platforms. In addition to enjoying extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal, including NBC, NBC Sports Network (NBCSN), MSNBC, CNBC, and USA Network, subscribers can stay connected to the Sochi Olympic Winter Games wherever they go via NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports Live Extra app, Americas premier Olympic digital destinations. Like no other event to date, the Olympic Games have been, and continue to be, a watershed moment for TV Everywhere, helping to drive awareness and usage.
At RCN were committed to offering great entertainment to our customers. Were excited to bring our subscribers NBCUniversals unprecedented 1,500+ hours of coverage, said Chris Fenger, Chief Operating Officer at RCN. Whether at home or on the go, our customers will be able to keep up with NBCUniversals around-the-clock Games content, in HD picture quality, with fast Internet speeds and on multiple devices.
The following multiplatform offerings from NBCUniversal will allow RCN customers to watch and be a part of the 2014 Olympic Winter Games through their televisions, PCs, and mobile and tablet apps.
NBCUniversals Olympics Experience on RCN Includes:
- NBCOlympics.com: NBC Sports Live Extra, the home of Olympic live stream content at NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra, is available now to verified customers who subscribe to a package that includes USA Network, NBC Sports Network, CNBC or MSNBC and who log-in to the site. NBCOlympics.com will feature, for the first time, live streaming coverage of all Winter Games competition, plus event rewinds and extensive video highlights. RCN customers can easily verify their subscriptions and watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge. Those subscribers, who log in and verify their subscriptions by February 6, the first day of competition at the Sochi Games, can enter the NBC Olympics Sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip for two to Rio de Janeiro in 2014, courtesy of NBCUniversal. RCN customers should follow the verification process to access NBC Olympics programming via NBCOlympics.com:
2. Click the Verify Now button
3. Select RCN from the list of providers
4. Enter the username and password that corresponds with your account. If you dont have one, visit http://www.rcn.com and select MyRCN and click Register Now.
5. Upon verification of your subscription to an Olympics-eligible package, you will be signed in throughout the Games on that device!
- Mobile and Tablet Apps: NBCUniversal will offer two apps for mobile and tablet viewing. The NBC Sports Live Extra app will be available to verified RCN customers and will offer the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra. The NBC Olympics Highlights and Results app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Sports Live Extra app.
- On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and full-event rewinds available via RCNs On Demand service.
In-Games: Each day during the Sochi Games, NBCUniversal will offer a digital figure skating show called Olympic Ice. Also during the Games, NBCUniversal will offer more than 350 highlight clips and 150 full-length event replays available within 24 hours of an events completion, all in HD, available both via NBCOlympics.com and set-top box.
THE OLYMPICS BEGIN FEB. 6, 2014
With more Winter Olympic events than ever before, competition for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia, will begin one day prior to the Opening Ceremony. As a result, NBC will begin its primetime coverage of the 2014 Sochi Olympics on Thursday, February 6, one night before the broadcast network provides its traditional coverage of the Opening Ceremony on Friday Feb. 7. This marks the first time NBC will air Olympic primetime coverage before the Opening Ceremony. The primetime broadcast on Thursday, Feb. 6, 2014, is scheduled to include competition in snowboard slopestyle (mens and womens), in which two-time gold medalist Shaun White is expected to compete in the slopestyles Olympic debut; team figure skating, which is also in the Olympics for the first time; and womens freestyle moguls.
RCN Telecom Services, LLC (http://www.rcn.com) provides industry-leading High-Speed Internet, all-Digital TV and Phone services for residential, small/medium and Enterprise business customers. PC Magazines Readers Choice Award named RCN one of the winners for best cable broadband ISPs in 2013 RCN was rated highest in satisfaction for reliability. RCN was also ranked #1 in Boston by Netflix for the best viewing experience. RCNs affordably-priced advanced digital services are delivered through their proprietary, state-of-the-art fiber-rich network and supported by 100% U.S.-based customer service. RCN's primary service areas include Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Lehigh Valley (PA), New York City, Boston and Chicago.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11549536.htm.