|Page (1) of 1 - 06/27/14||email article||print page|
Playonwords.com Presents Their Summer 2014 PAL Awards - Best Toys, Games and Books that Spark Language Development Through Play(June 27, 2014)
Southport, Connecticut (PRWEB) June 27, 2014
Play On Words LLC, led by highly respected speech language pathologist Sherry Artemenko, announces 2014's Summer PAL Award Winners, the toy industry's only recognition directed by a credentialed speech-language expert recognizing the language learning edge in exceptional toys, games and books. Sherry's 35 years of child development experience with over 15,000 hours working with kids empower her PAL selections, popular blog, private practice, media appearances and consulting practice.
"I'm excited to see companies taking a closer look at their products to find the language learning potential for ALL kids to play together, while making it easier for parents by listing their toy's skills on the packaging or in learning guides in the box. Manufacturers are valuing my advice on how to use their toys to maximize learning, 'We can't wait to see what you think!' The PAL seal, awarded to global enterprises and start-ups alike, differentiates the companies who know the marketplace now demands products that are not only fun, but packed with learning potential. The PAL Award seal says just that.
See below our Summer 2014 Play Advances Language (PAL) Award Winners listed by language learning category.
EARLY DEVELOPMENT: Sherrys daily experience in pediatric speech therapy gives her an eye for the best products to build attention, vocabulary and concepts through play, preparing children for their first sounds, words and sentences. While tucking Miss Pink Star in for the night, moving and grooving to a first toddler game or opening and shutting a snails magical shell, kids learn essential language skills.
- Bebees Ferris Wheel by B Kids
- Enchanted Meadow Towel Doll by Kaethe Kruse
- Forest Friends Shape Sorter by International Playthings
- Miss Pink Star and Blanket by Corolle
- Move and Groove by ThinkFun, Inc.
- Nickibaby Striped by Kaethe Kruse
- Owl Busy Buddy Blanket by International Playthings
- Princess Play Set by International Playthings
- Speedys Magical Shell by B Kids
- Stow n Go Kart by B Kids
- Tiggly Stamp Interacting with Tiggly Shapes by Tiggly-Kidtellect, Inc.
- Tolo Teatime Shape Sorter
- Van Walker by Plan Toys
- WOW Toys Mini WOW Line
- Zeeland by International Playthings
LANGUAGE STRUCTURE AND REASONING: These outstanding products can build language structure and reasoning, often teaching vocabulary, concepts or grammar while delivering fun. Creating a story on a Black White Board, designing riddles for a treasure hunt or learning the language of science experiments, all strengthen communication.
- Air + Water Power PLUS by Thames & Kosmos
- Clifford Animal Science by the Young Scientist Club
- Clifford Food Science by The Young Scientist Club
- Dream Cakes by Ravensburger
- Family Alias by Tactic Games
- Finding Nemo Shark Alarm by Ravensburger
- GET4 and Score by SimplyFun
- Gone Shopping Game by Galt Toys
- Junior Alias by Tactic
- My Super Life Journal...By Me by PomTree
- Noodle Speedoodle by Peaceable Kingdom
- Our Day On the Town Sticker Storybook by PomTree
- Over Under by Gamewright
- Playful Chef Deluxe Cooking Kit by MindWare
- Rory's Story Cubes -- MAX by Gamewright
- Say the Word by Peaceable Kingdom
- Science X Dinosaurs by Ravensburger
- Show Me the Kwan by Griddly Games
- Spot it! Alphabet by Blue Orange Games
- Spot it! Numbers and Shapes by Blue Orange Games
- Tapple by USAopoloy
- The Extraordinaires Design Studio by The Creativity Hub Ltd.
- uKloo Riddle Edition Treasure Hunt Game
- Vibrobot by Thames and Kosmos
- Who Am I? by Janod
- XL Graffiti Black White Board by Janod
(PRE)READING: Completing words with missing letters, searching for objects beginning with a certain letter, or learning to write, children can pick up essential skills to promote reading.
- Early Reader Treasure Hunt App by uKloo
- Last Letter by ThinkFun, Inc.
- Letter Slide by SimplyFun
- MagnetiBook-Dinosaurs by Janod
- Squirrels on Skis by J. Hamilton Ray, Illustrated by Pascal Lemaitre
- Treasure Trax by USAopoly
- Write and Learn Touch Tablet by VTech
- Zingo! Word Builder by ThinkFun, Inc.
STORY-TELLING/ PRETEND PLAY: Whether adding a DIY touch to a dollhouse, creating a story through colored light projection, or riding the tram at a play park, children enter the world of pretend, creating their own stories with plenty of flexible props to guide their imagination. Oral story-telling precedes writing as kids learn the steps to create a good narrative.
- Alpine Ridge Climber by Step2
- Artzooka! Finger Peeps by Wooky Entertainment
- Breyer New Arrival at the Barn
- Camp Site by Playmobil
- Connector Pen Bucket 50 ct. by Faber-Castell
- Diaper Backpack by Corolle
- Dinosaur Floor Puzzle by Galt Toys
- DIY Dream House by Hape
- Doodle Magic Color Mat by Crayola
- Fairy Dressing Up Set by Galt Toys
- Fashion Portfolio by PomTree
- GoldieBlox and the Dunk Tank by GoldieBlox, Inc.
- GoldieBlox and the Parade Float by GoldieBlox, Inc.
- Great Outdoors Playhouse by Step2
- High Seas Adventure Sand and Water Table with Umbrella by Step2
- Kitchen Set by Plan Toys
- Lets Make Pom Pals Pom Critter Kit by PomTree
- Lyla Tov Monsters-Charlotte by Lyla Tov
- Magnetistick Pirates by Janod
- Marie Kruse Paris Stylista by Kaethe Kruse
- Modular Toys 3D Racetrack Kit
- Mon Premier Bebe Calin Maria by Corolle
- Mon Premier Sky Stroller by Corolle
- My First Shop by Lego
- My Take Along Train by Playmobil
- Nanoblock Great White Shark, Sea Turtle and Fiddler Crab
- NightBuddies by Napa Valley Toys USA
- On Safari Playset by Hape Toys
- Paint a Tea Set by Galt Toys
- Paint Your Own Porcelain Tea Set by MindWare
- Pinypon Aquapark Adventure by Famosa North America, Inc.
- Pinypon Figures and Pets 6 Pack by Famosa North America, Inc.
- Pirate Ship by Plan Toys
- Play Park by Plan Toys
- Shadow FX Color Projector by Crayola
- SMARTMAX Home Sweet Home by Smart Toys and Games, Inc.
- Story Box-Safari by Janod
- Story Firefighter Train by Janod
- Tape-a-Doodle by Faber-Castell USA
- Tape-a-Doodle Extreme by Faber-Castell USA
- The Big Creativity Can by Faber-Castell USA
- Green Toys Train
- Under the Sea Blocks by Hape Toys
- Unicorn Jewel Castle by Playmobil
SOCIAL LANGUAGE: Complementary to pretend play, social language blossoms when children play with toys that encourage extended social interactions. Working cooperatively on puzzles, building a fort, applying character lessons through doll play, using a snack set to spark math conversation promote social language skills.
- 4 Wheeling Super Sized Floor Puzzle by Ravensburger
- Circus Puzzle by Janod
- Counting Animals by Ravensburger
- Fort Magic by Fort Magic LLC
- My Friend Huggles Doll by Great Divide Corporation
- My Little h Doll by Great Divide Corporation
- Style Me Up! Sketchbooks Featuring Disney Characters by Wooky Entertainment
- The Multiples Early Year Set by Realtimes Products LLC
Congratulations to our PAL Winners who are listening to their markets and delivering a powerful value proposition, namely, great language learning paired with play.
Visit the Play On Word Website to see all our PAL Award winners.
Each summer billions are spent on kids toys, games and books. These PAL winners above are not only great fun, but also encourage rich language development. Think tastes like ice cream, fortifies like spinach, optimizing your toy purchases to build language while maintaining every bit of fun. Nows the time to be intentional about your childs toy chest, game drawer and bookshelf!
ABOUT PLAYONWORDS, LLC
Playonwords.com was founded by well-respected speech-language pathologist, Sherry Artemenko. Her 35 years championing language rich play, esteemed PAL Award, popular blog, and insightful tips to parents set her apart as the leading advocate of the language component in toys.
Over 15,000 hours working directly with children has shown her that a unique set of the best toys, games and books have the capability to develop language while delivering great play. Studies show:
- Kids with highest IQs at three, had the most words at one and two
- Language learning is cumulative early words => early sentences => language and reading
- Most kids maintain their verbal advantage through childhood
Sherry established the PAL Award to identify unique toys, games and books that through their design, quality and character, encourage play that advances language. PAL winners in the hands of kids, spark fun and creative play with lots of talk. Such toys, recognized on the basis of her child development expertise, are complemented by practical coaching in her blog, showing parents and caregivers how to get the most from toys, games and books to build language and underlying cognitive skills.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/PAL/toys/prweb11974687.htm.