|Page (1) of 1 - 12/19/13||email article||print page|
Playnomics Releases Player Engagement Study Q3 2013(December 19, 2013)
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) December 19, 2013
Playnomics, a pioneer of predictive marketing for games and applications, today released their Player Engagement Study for Q3 2013 featuring the latest global game usage trends with detailed analysis on engagement and monetization. For this quarterly report, Playnomics examined a representative set of players from within their database of over 300 million player profiles and focused on a comparative look at the actual in-game behavioral actions of players in both mobile (native Android, iOS, and Unity) and non-mobile games (web).
Our intention with this report is to give marketers insight into the granular patterns of player behavior that weve seen in games across mobile and the web, said Chethan Ramachandran, CEO of Playnomics. For example, in the third quarter, our findings revealed that players of mobile games were likely to monetize dramatically faster than web games. Insights like these enable marketers to better engage, retain, and monetize their audience.
Key insights from the Playnomics Player Engagement Study for Q3 2013 reveal:
- Mobile monetizers spend faster, by spending 63.4% of their total lifetime spend on their first day in-game, while non-mobile spend only 10.4%
- Spend was more evenly distributed among mobile players, with the top 20% of mobile players accounting for 56%, while the top 20% of non-mobile players accounted for 86.7% of total spend
- We found a non-mobile monetization 3-session threshold that states with 74% accuracy that players who played fewer than 3 sessions in the first 7 days of play would not monetize, whereas players who played 3 or more sessions would monetize
- Men and women play almost equally on average men played 114 minutes during their first 60 days, compared to 106 minutes among women
- Across all types of games, Turkey still has the highest engagement levels with over 47 minutes per play session and 845 total minutes per player
- 50% of the top 10 most engaged countries reside in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region
- Surprising drops in the UK - while the country ranked 2nd for engagement in Q1, it dropped to the 15th spot in Q3
Using PlayRM, marketers can manage their marketing funnel from end-to-end. By pairing predictive analytics with the ability to personalize the app using customized messaging, push notifications, third-party static ads, and video ads, for maximized user lifetime value.
Access the full Player Engagement Study for Q3 2013 at http://www.playnomics.com/player_engagement_q3/
Contact support(at)playnomics(dot)com or visit http://www.playnomics.com to learn more about Playnomics comprehensive suite of predictive marketing and analytics tools for app developers.
Founded in 2009, Playnomics has captured deep dynamic user behaviors from over 300 million user profiles, across hundreds of premium apps and games to help marketers retain, monetize, and personalize the app experience for all customers. Playnomics is comprised of entrepreneurs and industry experts who pioneered predictive data mining in finance, information security, and bioinformatics. For more information, please visit http://www.playnomics.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/12/prweb11436697.htm.