|Page (1) of 1 - 03/04/14||email article||print page|
Pacific Northwest Resort Hosts Annual Spring Celebratory Events(March 04, 2014)
Union, Washington (PRWEB) March 04, 2014
Alderbrook Resort & Spa is celebrating the start of spring with special events and offerings throughout March. Located just steps away from the serene Hood Canal and overlooking the beautiful Olympic Mountains, the Resort will embrace watercraft action, games and activities for month filled with family-fun and fine dining, including the second annual St. Paddles Day celebration and Mac & Jacks Beer Dinner.
St. Patricks Day celebrations include:
- Mac & Jacks Beer Dinner (Saturday, March 15) Alderbrook and Redmond-based Mac & Jacks Brewery team up to present an exclusive five-course dinner and beer pairing. The menuSpot Prawn Pot Stickers, Truffle Fried Risotto, Dungeness Crab-stuffed Sole, Wild Boar Shanks, Coffee-rubbed Tenderloin, and Brownie Sundaepairs a complimentary brew with every course. Seats are $99 per person and space is limited. Call (360) 898-5500 for reservations.
- St. Paddles Day (Sunday, March 16) Put your racing skills to the test at Alderbrooks second annual St. Paddles Day Celebration, a racing event celebrating watersport activity on the beautiful lower Hood Canal. Competitors of all ages and skill level are invited to bring and show off their own watercraft, or rent one of Alderbrooks kayaks, stand up paddle boards, wherrys or whatnot at a reduced rate. Festivities go from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and include paddling races, lessons from local experts, live fiddler music and delicious Irish barbeque.
In addition to festive events, the Washington state vacation destination is hosting special community events open to both resort guests and non-guests throughout March. Activities include:
Spring Spa Party (Thursday, March 27) Indulge in a relaxing evening at the Spa at Alderbrook with mini-services including refreshing pedicures, a spring polish change and re-energizing hand treatments, as well as snacks, giveaways and retail therapy. Event is open to both guests and non-guests alike and costs $30 at the door. To guarantee a specific spa treatment, please call the Spa at (360) 898-5520.
Mondays in March:
- Prime Rib Dinner: With unrivaled flavor and simplicity, this prime grade cut is love at first bite. Starting at 5:00 p.m., dine at the Restaurant at Alderbrook for this divine specialty dish.
Tuesdays in March:
- Aqua Yoga- Get fit and have fun at Alderbrooks Aqua Yoga class. The class is complimentary to overnight guests and $10 for non-resort guests (reservations required).
Wednesdays in March:
- Whiskey Tasting- Learn how to identify different types of Irish whiskies and how to concoct classic whiskey cocktails from 4:005:00 p.m. in the Lounge Bar Rail. Whiskey Tasting is complimentary to overnight guests.
- $1 Oyster Night- There are few things more unique to the Hood Canal than oysters harvested fresh from the surrounding pristine waters. Indulge in a fresh oysters for $1.00 per shell, offered Wednesday evenings starting at 5:00 p.m. at the Restaurant at Alderbrook.
- Trivia Challenge- To coincide with the libation and dining specials, guests are invited to join in a fun trivia challenge on Wednesday evenings starting at 5:00 p.m. in the Lounge. The trivia challenge is complimentary and open to both Resort guests and non-guests.
Thursdays in March:
- Virtual Golf- Guests as well as community members are invited to play a few holes of virtual golf and also receive 10% off a round at the Alderbrook Golf Course.
Fridays in March:
- Beer & Pretzel Welcome Reception- Start the weekend off at the resort with a pint of locally-brewed ale and house-made pretzel. Welcome reception will take place in the Resort lobby on Fridays throughout March from 6:00-7:00 p.m. and is complimentary to overnight guests.
- Live Music and Happy Hour: Enjoy the happy hour menu and live local entertainment in the Restaurant Lounge from 9:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.
Saturdays in March:
- March Madness Meet in the Xbox Game Room to watch March Madness basketball all day long. The Xbox Game Room is the ultimate gamers hideaway boasting 9 game stations with an Xbox 360 37 TV and Turtle Bay headset at each one.
Sundays in March:
- Continental Breakfast Cruise- Board the Lady Alderbrook by 10:00 a.m. and leisurely enjoy 2 hours aboard a private yacht while enjoying breakfast and beautiful sights. Cost is $39 per person (30 person maximum capacity), reservations are required and can be made by calling (360) 898-2200.
For more information on any of the events above, please visit the resorts event calendar. To read more about accommodations packages, visit the Specials & Packages page online or call (360) 898-2200. To make reservations at The Restaurant at Alderbrook, please call (360) 898-5500.
About Alderbrook Resort & Spa:
Alderbrook Resort & Spa evokes the calming spirit of the Hood Canal. Less than two hours west of Seattle, yet a world away from the everyday, the Resort is nestled on the scenic south shore of Hood Canal and is ideal for a getaway or conference retreat. Featuring 77 luxury guest rooms, 16 private one and two-bedroom cottages and three private guesthouses near the golf course, Alderbrook Resort & Spas thoughtfully appointed amenities include premium linens, soaking tubs, a world-class full-service spa, a waterfront pool, and a welcoming stone fireplace and library in the lobby, as well as access to the 54-foot luxury Lady Alderbrook cruise boat, the Hood Canal Marina and a neighboring PGA-class golf course and clubhouse. Named in the Top 100 Best in the World hotels and ranking number one of 10 of Resorts in the Pacific Northwest by Condé Nast Traveler in November 2012, Top 10 Mainland Spas by Condé Nast Traveler in June 2012 and Best Resort in 2012 by Evening Magazine, the Resort also houses The Restaurant at Alderbrook, which specializes in the regions best local seafood and world-class wines. For more information, please visit http://www.alderbrookresort.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/03/prweb11634389.htm.