|Page (1) of 1 - 12/05/13||email article||print page|
Pacific NW Resort Alderbrook Transforms into Winter Wonderland(December 05, 2013)
Union, WA (PRWEB) December 05, 2013
Providing 100 years of tradition and family fun as a Washington state vacation destination, Alderbrook Resort & Spa is rounding out the yearlong centennial celebration with festive holiday activities throughout the December. Well-known for its family friendly events and amenities, the Resort is hosting a variety of activities and entertainment available to guests and non-guests alike.
Located on the scenic south shore of Hood Canal just two hours from Seattle and two-and-a-half hours from Portland, Alderbrooks month-long Winter Wonderland celebration includes:
- Cocoa Cruises with Santa Claus: Throughout December, Santa will take to the waters of the Hood Canal for a festive, family friendly cruise on the Lady Alderbrook yacht. Running every Saturday, Dec. 7 through Dec. 21, as well as on Dec. 28 without Santa, this amenity is open to the public and is $5 per person. Cruises run from 1:00-3:00 p.m. and launch from Alderbrooks marina. Space is limited and reservations are required.
- Family Photos with Santa Claus: Every Saturday and Sunday through Dec. 22, join Santa at the Resort for family photos, open to the public. Santa visits from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., and suggested donations for the photos go to a local charity.
- Christmas Brunch and Dinner: Celebrate Christmas with a festive brunch or dinner crafted by the award winning culinary team at The Restaurant at Alderbrook. Ranging from traditional eggs benedict and a traditional carving station for brunch, to slow roasted Prime Rib and prosciutto wrapped monk fish for dinner, guests will be treated to a divine dining experience. Space is limited and reservations are required. Please see here for menu and pricing.
- Cookie Cutter Christmas: Book the family on this special package, and arrive to find a gingerbread house making kit, Christmas cookies and milk in the room upon arrival. In addition, receive dining credits, an Alderbrook puzzle, Xbox Game Room time and an indoor scavenger hunt for the kids. The Cookie Cutter Christmas Package is available Nov. 30- Dec. 30 with Sunday through Thursday Starting at $199, and Friday through Saturday starting at $249.
- New Years Eve Family Pajama Party: On New Years Eve, everyone is invited to dance the night away at a sock hop with a live DJ, cuddle up at a movie night with popcorn, or celebrate with games, treats, fireworks and complimentary childcare. The New Years Eve celebration is complimentary for resort guests, and is $10 for non-guests.
- New Years Eve Dinner: Celebrate the New Year with a romantic dinner for two at the Restaurant at Alderbrook. With entrees ranging from chateaubriand, to alder plank roasted steelhead and half lobster and king crab legs, this culinary experience is the perfect start to 2014. Dinner will be served from 5:00-9:00 p.m.; space is limited and reservations are required.
- Spa Open House: Celebrate the holidays at Alderbrooks Crazy Christmas Sweater Spa Open House on Thursday, Dec. 19. From 6:00-9:00 p.m., embrace a relaxed holiday celebration with a chance to pick up last minute gifts and tame nerves with petite treatments, champagne, holiday snacks and eggnog. Guests are encouraged to wear a crazy Christmas sweater for the chance to win a Clarisonic Mia 2. This event is complimentary and open to the public.
Additionally, Alderbrook is hosting amenities open to guests and the public alike that will transform a vacation in Washington State into an unforgettable celebration. Amenities include:
Mondays in December:
- Prime Rib Dinner- With unrivaled flavor and simplicity, this prime grade cut is love at first bite. Starting at 5:00 p.m., dine at the Restaurant at Alderbrook for this divine specialty dish.
Tuesdays in December:
- Half off One Bottle of Wine- Beginning at 5:00 p.m. every Tuesday, enjoy an exceptional bottle of wine at half price while dining at Alderbrooks on-site gourmet restaurant.
Wednesdays in December:
- Wreath-Making Class- Craft a homemade wreath from branches and natural accents, with help from local experts. This activity is complimentary to overnight guests, and takes place on site from 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Family Seafood Dinner- Caught fresh from the Hood Canal, indulge in a special seafood menu offered only on Wednesday evenings starting at 5:00 p.m. at the Restaurant at Alderbrook.
Thursdays in December:
- Virtual Golf- Receive instructions from an Alderbrook Golf Pro at the virtual golf course. From 3:00-4:00 p.m. on Dec. 5 and 12, guests can polish their swing with this interactive, computer simulated activity. This service is complimentary and open only to overnight guests.
- Gingerbread Men Cookie Decorating- Children and the young at heart are invited to put their culinary and art skills to work during this holiday favorite. A chef from the Restaurant at Alderbrook will lead the afternoon with tasty treats and fun for all! From 3:00-4:00 p.m. Dec. 19 and 26, this activity is complimentary and open only to overnight guests.
Fridays in December:
- Welcome Reception with Hot Cocoa and Olympic Mountain Peppermint Ice Cream - Start the weekend getaway with sweet treats from local favorites. Enjoy complimentary sips of rich hot coco and scoops of the celebrated Olympic Mountain Peppermint Ice Cream in the lobby from 6:00-7:00 p.m.; complimentary to overnight guests.
- Live Music and Happy Hour: Enjoy the happy hour menu and live local entertainment in the Restaurant Lounge from 9:00 p.m. to midnight.
Saturdays in December:
- Xbox Game Room Tournament- For the young and young in heart, test those hard earned gaming skills in the weekly Xbox Game Room tournament for a chance to win Resort credits. Meet in the Xbox Game Room from 12:00-3:00 p.m.
Sundays in December:
- Local Artisan Showcase- Browse among paintings, ceramics, crafts and more all made by local artists and at a variety of price points from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. in the Restaurant breezeway.
For more information on any of the events above, please visit the resorts event calendar. To read more about accommodations packages, visit the Specials & Packages page on AlderbrookResort.com or call (360) 898-2200.
About Alderbrook Resort & Spa:
Alderbrook Resort & Spa evokes the calming spirit of the Hood Canal. Less than two hours west of Seattle, yet a world away from the everyday, the Resort is nestled on the scenic south shore of Hood Canal and is ideal for a getaway or conference retreat. Featuring 77 luxury guest rooms, 16 private one and two-bedroom cottages and three private guesthouses near the golf course, Alderbrook Resort & Spas thoughtfully appointed amenities include premium linens, soaking tubs, a world-class full-service spa, a waterfront pool, and a welcoming stone fireplace and library in the lobby, as well as access to the 54-foot luxury Lady Alderbrook cruise boat, the Hood Canal Marina and a neighboring PGA-class golf course and clubhouse. Named in the Top 100 Best in the World hotels and ranking number one of 10 of Resorts in the Pacific Northwest by Condé Nast Traveler in November 2012, Top 10 Mainland Spas by Condé Nast Traveler in June 2012 and Best Resort in 2012 by Evening Magazine, the Resort also houses The Restaurant at Alderbrook, which specializes in the regions best local seafood and world-class wines. For more information, please visit http://www.alderbrookresort.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/beach-resort/washington-state/prweb11394586.htm.