|Page (1) of 1 - 10/11/12||email article||print page|
NTT DOCOMO Unveils 16 New Mobile Devices(October 11, 2012)
Tokyo, Oct 11, 2012 - (JCN Newswire) - NTT DOCOMO, INC., announced today its 2012 winter lineup of 16 models for launch in or after November, including nine smartphones, one tablet, four feature phones, one photo panel and one mobile Wi-Fi(R) router. DOCOMO's newest collection of high-quality smartphones satisfies a wide range of user needs by offering high-end CPUs, large-capacity batteries, high-resolution displays and distinctive designs suited to specific customer segments.
Key features of the new lineup include the following:
- All smartphones, the tablet and the router compatible with DOCOMO's Xi(TM) ("crossy") LTE service for max. downlinks of 100 Mbps.
- Five smartphones and the tablet with enhanced quad-core CPUs for maximized enjoyment of mobile games and video, and five models with dual-core CPUs.
- All smartphones equipped for Osaifu-Keitai(TM) (mobile wallet) NFC services, including newly added smart applications (linkage with NFC chip-embedded posters, home electronics, etc.) in Japan, of which four, and the tablet, are compatible with NFC Type A & B standards, popular in many countries.
- Two smartphones that run on Android(TM) 4.1, the latest version of this OS, and all other smartphones and the tablet running on Android(TM) 4.0.
- Seven smartphones and the tablet compatible with the NOTTV V-high multimedia broadcasting service in Japan.
- Three collaboration models, created respectively with Disney, fashion brand Jill Stuart and the producer of the manga One Piece, all featuring special designs and exclusive content.
- Large-capacity batteries (2,000mAh or more) in five smartphones for the convenience of power-hungry heavy users.
DOCOMO's stylish new high-quality feature phones come preinstalled with a Facebook app to make it extra-easy to share photos and posts.
The new model specifications and their planned launches are listed at www.nttdocomo.com/pr/2012/pdf/20121011_attachment_02.pdf.
All devices are under development, and the specifications are subject to change.
* Xi and Osaifu-Keitai are trademarks or registered trademarks of NTT DOCOMO, INC. in Japan and/or other countries.
* Xi is only available to subscribers in Japan.
* AQUOS PHONE is a trademark or registered trademark of Sharp Corporation.
* MEDIAS is a trademark or registered trademark of NEC CASIO Mobile Communications, Ltd.
* Xperia is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Mobile Communications AB.
* Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
* Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
* NOTTV is a trademark of mmbi, Inc.
* Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc.
* All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMO is a world-leading mobile operator and growing provider of comprehensive services centered on mobility. The company serves over 60 million customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide 3G network and one of the world's first commercial LTE networks. Leveraging its unique capabilities as a mobile operator, DOCOMO is a leading developer of cutting-edge technologies for NFC mobile payments, mobile GPS, mobile TV, intuitive mobile assistance, environmental monitoring, smart grids and much more. Overseas, the company provides technical and operational expertise to eight mobile operators and other partner companies. NTT DOCOMO is listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. Please visit www.nttdocomo.com for more information.
Source: NTT DOCOMO
Copyright 2012 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
Source:JCN Newswire. All Rights Reserved