|Page (1) of 1 - 04/23/14||email article||print page|
Major update to "iHomeServer for iTunes" software brings iTunes streaming to non-Apple devices including web browsers, Android, PlayStation 3 and XBOX 360(April 23, 2014)
London, UK (PRWEB UK) 23 April 2014
Bizmodeller has released version 3 of iHomeServer for iTunes - Windows software that extends iTunes with advanced media server features.
iHomeServer for iTunes version 3 is a major upgrade that enables iTunes streaming to non-Apple devices such as Web browsers, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Smart TVs and Games Consoles (XBOX 360 / PlayStation 3) in fact most of the devices in the modern family home.
Furthermore, iHomeServer also includes an integrated iTunes DLNA server that lets users access their iTunes library on compatible Smart TVs, PlayStation 3s and XBOXs. Regardless of which device is used, content is arranged in the same familiar iTunes libraries and playlists presented in iTunes. iTunes metadata and artwork is also displayed on all supported devices.
This latest version of iHomeServer boasts an arsenal of features that work together and integrate seamlessly into iTunes making it a better media server:
- Access iTunes library via the internet
- Access iTunes library from Web, Windows, Android, Blackberry and other devices
- Access iTunes library on Smart TVs, PlayStation 3, XBOX 360, Roku or other compatible DNLA clients all without an Apple TV
- Automatically tag iTunes movies and television with cover art and metadata
- Optionally start iTunes as a Windows service so iTunes is always up and running even before log-in
- Rip home DVD collection straight into iTunes
- Support for Home Sharing, AirPlay and Wifi-Sync on iOS devices
- Media watch folders for drag and dropping new media into iTunes remotely
- Optional Add-in for Windows Home Server / Windows Server 2012 Essentials users that provides management of an iTunes library from the WHS Dashboard
Bizmodeller explains, Since its launch in 2011, iHomeServer has gained a reputation with Home Server users as the defacto way of running iTunes as a standalone media server. With version 3, iHomeServer's comprehensive range of features are now available to both desktop users and home server users alike. The release also expands iTunes as a streaming platform so you can stream your iTunes media to most web browsers, Smart TVs and XBOX360/PS3 games consoles.
iHomeSerfver is available for download now and is offered with a 30 days trial. iHomeServer is compatible with most versions of Windows including Windows 7, Windows 8/8,1, Windows XP SP2, Windows Home Server and Windows Server 2012 Essentials.
- Note that DRM (Digital Rights Management) material is not currently supported.
Bizmodeller (http://www.bizmodeller.com) is an IT software and consultancy company set up in 2001. Bizmodeller specialises in multimedia solutions and software with advanced functionality that allows users to enjoy and manage their media collection seamlessly. The company has developed a range of unique products that provide a comprehensive set of iTuness feature extensions including the groundbreaking iHomeServer application which allows users to run iTunes as a Windows service.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/iHomeServer/iTunes_Streaming/prweb11774620.htm.