|Page (1) of 1 - 09/03/14||email article||print page|
LG Kicks Off Campus Tour Celebrating 2014 NCAA Football Season
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., Sept. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Electronics USA, official corporate partner of the NCAA and NCAA Football, is inviting college football fans to show their school spirit this fall as it embarks on a nine-school tour, giving fans a unique opportunity to experience LG's newest Ultra HD and OLED TVs featuring the Smart TV+ webOS platform, as well as a chance to win season tickets for each home team's 2015 football season.
Tour stops include Arizona State University, The Ohio State University, University of California (Berkeley), University of Georgia, University of Michigan, University of Nebraska, University of Southern California, University of Tennessee and the University of Texas. The LG tailgate tour features some of the biggest rivalry games of the year such as Georgia vs. Auburn on Nov. 15 and Ohio State vs. Michigan on Nov. 29.
The tour will officially kick off on Sept. 6 in Austin at the Texas vs. Brigham Young University game, where thousands of spectators will experience fan-friendly LG products and activities. Highlights include:
- A firsthand experience with LG's Ultra HD and OLED technologies, which offer brilliant clarity and contrast to catch all the action and pageantry of the game.
- LG's OLED TVs will feature school highlight videos showcasing the amazing picture quality of fast moving sports content.
- LG's Ultra HD TVs will feature a front-facing 4K camera, allowing fans to capture their excitement and see themselves in amazing 4K detail.
- An opportunity to interact with the Smart TV+ webOS platform, LG's refreshingly intuitive Smart TV user interface that makes accessing streaming content and apps fast and simple.*
- A DJ station featuring the LG CM9940, a 3200W 2.2CH HiFi DJ System, where fans can control the soundtrack for the tailgate by connecting their personal devices to the system via Bluetooth.
- An enter-to-win sweepstakes offering fans the chance to win season tickets to the home teams' 2015 football seasons, as well as home game suite tickets, through various entry points on LG's Ultrawide monitors, LG G Pad tablets and LG G3 smartphones.
- A chance to help save the planet by joining LG in taking the ENERGY STAR pledge, which shows how small actions can have a big impact in saving money, saving energy and addressing climate change.
"LG understands how passionate college football fans are, and we're passionate about creating memorable experiences for them," said David VanderWaal, head of marketing, LG Electronics USA. "With LG, it's all possible. By touring the country this fall, we're helping fans 'Do Game Day Right' at some of the biggest games of the season."
Fans that prefer to watch the game at home can upgrade their viewing experiences this fall with in-store retail promotions for qualifying LG TVs, including Ultra HD 4K TVs (UB9800 and UB9500 series), Smart TV+ webOSmodels (LB6300 and LB6500 series), and other Smart TVs (LB5800 series). In addition to providing the ultimate display technology and wide viewing angles, LG's Ultra HD and Full HD LED TVs offer an elegant design with a super-slim bezel and screen depth for a great view no matter where you're sitting. Fans can visit their local retailers to learn more about these promotions.
For more information, the complete tour schedules and sweepstakes rules, please visit LG.com/DoGameDayRight.
*Wireless Internet connection & certain subscriptions required and sold separately. Agreement to smart TV terms and conditions required to use certain smart features. Content and services vary by product and are subject to change without notice. The Magic Remote does not come equipped with all smart TVs. webOS does not support Flash. In order to receive Netflix 4K content you will need a high speed internet plan capable of receiving 20Mb per second of data.
About LG Electronics USA
A proud Official Corporate Partner of the NCAA, LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $53 billion global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. In the United States, LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. LG Electronics is an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.
About the NCAA
The NCAA is a membership-led nonprofit association of colleges and universities committed to supporting academic and athletic opportunities for more than 460,000 student-athletes at more than 1,000 member colleges and universities. Each year, more than 54,000 student-athletes compete in NCAA championships in Divisions I, II and III sports. Visit www.ncaa.org and www.ncaa.com for more details about the Association, its goals and members and corporate partnerships that help support programs for student-athletes. The NCAA is proud to have the following elite companies as official Corporate ChampionsAT&T, Capital One and Coca-Colaand the following elite companies as official Corporate PartnersAllstate, Amazon (Kindle), Buffalo Wild Wings, Buick, Burger King, Enterprise, Infiniti, LG, Lowe's, Nabisco, Northwestern Mutual, Reese's (Hershey's), Unilever and UPS.
NCAA and NCAA Football are registered trademarks of the National Collegiate Athletic Association.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA, Inc.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Home, Camera, Displays, Internet, Appliances, Digital Camera, High Def (HD), Computers/Home Office, Communications, Digital Toys, Web, Tablets, Displays, Smart Phone, tablet, Games, Tablet, Consumer Electronics, Computers/Peripherals, Internet/Web, Display, Camera/Film, Prosumer/Consumer, Notebook/Laptop/Tablets, Internet,