|Page (1) of 1 - 06/11/14||email article||print page|
How to Throw a July Fourth Party That is Stylish and Fun!
COLUMBIA, Md., June 11, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --Who says back yard barbecues and July 4 parties have to be the "same-old, same-old" every year? The National Association for Catering and Events (NACE) offers tips and suggestions for throwing July 4 parties that stick to the theme but add an element of style without adding huge expense.
Below are tips from one of the country's rising stars in event planning, and a spokesperson for NACE, David Caruso, with Dynamic Events in Milwaukee, WI:
A few simple, unique tips for hosting a traditional backyard BBQ:
- Star Spangled Specialty Drinks Create a self-serve drink station with fruity Summer Sangria for Adults and Luscious Lemonade for kids served in old time mason jars.Decorate jars with 4th of July labels printed right from your computer.
- Sizzling Table Settings Jazz up place settings using bandanas for napkins and Country Silverware tucked in burlap sacks.
- Great ideas for Grab and Go. Main items:
- Corn on Cob Served on Skewers Again Grab n' Go
- Chips Served in Red, White & Blue Paper Cones Cones are great crafts your kids can put together prior to the party.
- Burger Bar Add flare labeling burgers, hotdogs and condiments with simple chalkboards.
- Serve these items in old, retro serving dishes to add spice to your display.
- Bang for your Buck Centerpieces Add fun American flags to inexpensive geraniums or potted plants for a unique and festive centerpiece. These plants can live on after your party decorating your front porch.
- Stars and Stripes Soup Can Luminaries Fun craft to do with kids. Use creative hole punches (found in many discount dollar stores). Punch holes in cans, paint red, white and blue. Add candles to create luminaries for tables.
- Razzle Dazzle Desserts Cake in Jelly Jars Use red, white and blue-layered cake, add fruit and frosting in between.Top with Sprinkles. Add Rice Krispies Treats cut into stars and placed on lollipop sticks.
- All-American Backyard Games Everyone loves old time fun.Badminton, horse shoes, bacci ball, corn hole
With more than 4,000 members, the National Association for Catering and Events (NACE), www.nace.net is the oldest and largest professional association dedicated to all aspects of the catering and events industry. Dedicated to promoting career success for its members and the professionalism of the industry, NACE offers educational programs, professional certification (CPCE), chapter initiatives, networking opportunities, recognition and awards programs, a job bank, community service projects and the industry's most prestigious annual conference. In helping its members enhance their business and careers, NACE helps the industry reach its highest potential.
SOURCE National Association for Catering and Events
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Networking, Business, Adults,