|Page (1) of 1 - 02/01/13||email article||print page|
Grand County Tourism Board Announces Six Places to Feel the Love This Valentines Day(February 01, 2013)
Granby, CO (PRWEB) February 01, 2013
Couples longing for a romantic Valentines getaway need look no further than Grand County, Colo. Today, Grand County announced a list of Valentines vacation getaway ideas. The destinations in Grand County are close enough to be convenient (located just 67 miles from Denver), yet far enough to truly get away. To keep things interesting, each community has its own special approach to romance.
- Winter Park: Proclaim love from mountaintop vistas with Grand Adventures Snowmobile Tours. Ride to the top of the Continental Divide for a birds-eye view of the valley from a snow-covered mountain trail. They can help make the occasion truly special by packing along hot chocolate, a cake or whatever else is needed to complete the celebration. Another idea: float on air with Grand Adventures Hot Air Balloon Tours. The cost of the flight includes a champagne toast and breakfast, and they can even arrange a way to exchange vows in the air.
- Fraser: Enjoy the truly unique experience offered by Dog Sled Rides of Winter Park, cuddling under a cozy blanket as the sled flies through the woods of the scenic Fraser Valley. After a day of outdoor adventure slow down with a candle-lit dinner at the romantic, historic stagecoach stop, the Tabernash Tavern.
- Granby: Sweethearts can enjoy the quiet beauty of the area at Snow Mountain Ranch/YMCA of the Rockies. The Y offers miles of Nordic and snowshoe trails through pristine snow-covered woods or a romantic sleigh ride for two from the Sombrero Stables. Later, retire to Brickhouse 40 in downtown Granby to sip a glass of wine by the fire or enjoy fare from the Mediterranean-influenced menu.
- Kremmling: Experience romance Old West style at Latigo Ranch. The tranquil scenery, colorful sunrises, and horseback rides through a snowy forest make this a truly special getaway. In fact many couples make a tradition of it, rekindling romance for anniversary trips each year. For quality time of a different kind, spend the day ice fishing together under the expansive sky and neighboring mountains at Wolford Mountain Reservoir.
- Grand Lake: The quaint town of Grand Lake lies on the quiet side of Rocky Mountain National Park, where lovebirds can spend the day snowshoeing or cross-country skiing in near-solitude. Later, stroll and window shop along the towns boardwalk, stopping for a romantic dinner at the historic Rapids Lodge and Restaurant on the banks of the Tonahutu River.
- Hot Sulphur Springs: Once known to the Ute and Arapaho Indians as Big Medicine, the waters that now make up Hot Sulphur Springs Resort and Spa are still a destination for those seeking to pamper themselves. Options include a private cabin or motel-style rooms, private pools, massage and spa service. Purchase sweets for a sweetie at Taste of the Rockies, where they have candy that ranges from modern-day to retro.
To connect with Grand County Colorados six places to feel the love, check out Winter Parks facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/grandcountycolorado and follow @grandcountyco on Twitter or http://www.pinterest.com/grandcountyco/ on pinterest.
About Grand County, Colo. (http://www.visitgrandcounty.com)
Located 67 miles west of Denver, Grand County is home to wide-open spaces, breathtaking mountain scenery and authentic old-west towns. Outdoor recreational activities include golf, boating, fishing, biking, hiking, fishing, hunting and horseback riding. The area features more than 600 miles of mapped and marked trails, one national park, two national forests, two wilderness areas, two national scenic byways, two major ski resorts, five world-class dude ranches and four mountain golf courses. Grand Countys extensive water network includes Colorados largest natural lake, 1,000 miles of streams, 1,000 acres of high-mountain lakes and 11,000 acres of reservoirs.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/2/prweb10379670.htm.
Related Keywords:tourism and leisure, lifestyle and leisure, tourism, travel and commuting, lifestyle (house and home), Winter Universiade, Winter Olympics, Winter Goodwill Games, Winter Asian Games, snowbiking, snow boarding, nordic skiing, bobsleigh, alpine skiing, sport