|Page (1) of 1 - 02/12/14||email article||print page|
Got Stamps? Dont Know What to Do with Them? Americas Stamp Club Has the Answer Come to the Stamp Show and Find Out(February 12, 2014)
Bellefonte, PA (PRWEB) February 12, 2014
Americas Stamp Club is traveling to Little Rock, Arkansas for its annual Winter Stamp Show. This years theme is Lovin Little Rock. The show will be held at the Statehouse Convention Center, 1 Statehouse Plaza. The doors open daily at 10 a.m. and admission is FREE! Friday and Saturday the show runs until 6 p.m.; Sunday until 3 p.m.
Dont know what to do with Uncle Charlies stamp collection? Visit the Whats In Your Attic! Booth. The experienced collectors manning this booth will offer advice whether or not to donate the collection, contact a dealer or auction house to sell the collection, or to just keep it in the family as a memento or for a future collector. The advice is free, but, keep in mind, this is not meant to be a formal appraisal.
There is something for everyone from the experienced to the non-collector exhibits, dealers, specialty collecting groups, seminars, and much more.
What to do at the show
- Download the Free APS App designed to assist show attendees. The App contains the daily schedule of events, a roster of dealers, their specialties and booth locations, a list of exhibits, and more. Go to http://www.stamps.org/ASE-App to down the App.
- Be present when Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe officially opens the show at 9:45 a.m. Friday, February 14.
- Attend the First Day Ceremony A First Day Ceremony is the official unveiling of a new stamp release. The United States Postal Service will issue the Winter Flowers stamps at noon on Friday, February 14.
- See Rare Stamps on Display The Inverted Jenny is the nations most famous upside down airplane. Learn how the stamp took a wrong turn.
- Get Into Collecting in the Kids Stamp Zone The Zone is a kids-only fun area games, puzzles, activities, stamps, and more stamps. Adults must be accompanied by a child.
- Shop til You Drop Dealers will be selling stamps from around the world, hobby supplies, and other stamp-related materials postcards, items of postal history, illustrated envelopes, etc. Prices will range from a dime to a dollar and up. Dealers also will be buying. (http://www.stamps.org/SS-Dealers)
- Buy Stamps from the United States Postal Service The USPS will have a stamp counter, merchandise area, and First Day cancels.
- Meet Stamp Designer, Chris Calle Chris has designed stamps for the USPS and the Marshall Islands. He has created the illustrated souvenir cover for this years show. Chris will be located at the APS Booth during the show.
- Dive Into Stamps By the Bucket A huge pile of stamps and a pail equals a bucketful of fun for both children and adults.
- Learn About Collecting New to the hobby? Dont know where to begin? A stop at the Beginners Booth is a must. Sign up for the StampBuddy program. For a more in-depth learning opportunity, sign up for Stamp Collecting 101.
- Stop at Americas Stamp Club Booth Staff members of the American Philatelic Society are ready to greet all attendees, share information about the Society and the hobby, and answer questions.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11571229.htm.