|Page (1) of 1 - 02/20/14||email article||print page|
For Anyone Inspired by the Winter Games, Viator.com Says "Get Your Mittens On"(February 20, 2014)
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) February 20, 2014
If the Sochi Games and this year's epic North American snow totals weren't inspiration enough, Viator.com the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide has a selection of snow-based activities to make it super (G) easy to let out your inner Olympian. From big mountain ski runs to graceful snowshoeing or ice-skating, and even a magical sleigh ride or two, Viator has a curated collection of winter wonders to make every memory golden.
The Slopes are Calling
Whether looking for a quick slope fix or a more extended getaway, Viator has a selection of lift tickets and ski experiences to help bring the man (and everyone else) to the mountain including;
- A Steamboat Mountain Resort Ski Lift Ticket or a Crested Butte Mountain Resort Lift Ticket help skip long lines and get travelers onto these Colorado resort mountains with terrain to suit all.
- Just a 3-hour drive on a comfortable coach, a Tahoe Ski Day from San Francisco gets you out of the city and onto the slopes with lift ticket included, and ski rental and lesson upgrade options.
- Leave the Big Apple for the big snow of Hunter or Windham during the Ski or Snowboard Day Trip from New York City with lift ticket and rentals included with options for a lesson as well.
- For an inclusive getaway, the 4-Day or 6-Day Jasper Ski Trip at Marmot Basin from Edmonton includes lift tickets, accommodations, and round trip airport transfers complete with family-friendly mountain conditions.
- For a stress-free ski or snowboard day at Whistler Blackcomb, the Snowbus from Vancouver plus Blackcomb Lift Ticket includes luxury transport to save all your energy for the big trails.
Put Your Best Foot Forward in a Snowshoe or Skate
For a slightly different outdoor experience that can range from easy and serene to a little more extreme, travelers can try their hand at snowshoeing. Or lace up the skates to attempt the triple axel or a simple skate around the rink:
- The Snowshoeing Day Trip from Whitehorse visits the powdery playground of Carcross, Yukon, for a full-day guided adventure, picnic lunch and a history lesson on the Yukon Territory.
- Explore the Callaghan Valley in a unique way during the Whistler Snowshoe Adventure with an expert guide, equipment and snacks and options like a twilight hike with a campfire dinner.
- With two customized skill levels, the Guided Snowshoe Hike in Yosemite is a truly memorable experience with expert commentary on the wildlife and natural history of the famous park.
- Complete with local wine (or hot chocolate) tasting at the historic Timberline Lodge, the Mt Hood Snowshoe Adventure from Portland is a fun and educational experience with an easy to moderate hike.
- Highlighting two local traditions, the Dog Sledding and Snowshoeing Winter Adventure from Anchorage explores the great Alaskan outdoors with a 40-minute dogsled ride and s'mores made during a campfire roast.
- Hit the ice in style with the Viator VIP: Rockefeller Center Ice Skating and Dining Experience that includes a 90-minute session, skate rental, priority entry and admission to a luxury, heated chalet, with the option to include lunch or dinner. For even more icy fun, head to another NYC icon for Ice Skating in Central Park with rental and skate session at Wollman Rink.
A Winter Wonderland Fairytale
A nice treat after a long day on the slopes, or maybe for that special family or romantic moment, a sleigh ride is a beautiful way to enjoy the wonders of winter in a very unique and idyllic fashion.
- Add the perfect rustic touch with Horse-Drawn Sleigh Ride in Banff, traversing meadows and enjoying spectacular views of the Canadian Rockies. For the romantics out there, upgrade to the Private Romance Ride including yummy chocolates and even yummier liqueurs.
- The Private Tour: Lake Tahoe Sleigh Ride takes you back in time riding in an antique European sleigh on an adventure through the majestic local scenery.
Travelers can find more information about the winning ways to enjoy winter and many other adventures on the Viator Blog. And, for more travel ideas as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news, like Viator on Facebook (ViatorTours) and follow Viator on Twitter (ViatorTravel).
Viator is the leading global tours and activities provider for travelers, delivering online and mobile access to thousands of curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,500 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viators 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 500,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site Viator.com travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App, as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 3,000 affiliate partners including some of the worlds top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Founded in 1995, Viator is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator travel with an insider.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11601724.htm.