|Page (1) of 1 - 12/27/13||email article||print page|
CompareMyMobile Urges Apple Fans to Trade-in Old Gadgets Fast, with iPad Resale Values Predicted to Drop by up to 200 GBP Throughout January(December 27, 2013)
Bournemouth, Dorset (PRWEB UK) 27 December 2013
With Apple often releasing new iPad models so close to the Christmas period, gadget recycling comparison site CompareMyMobile say they see a huge difference in trade-in value pricing in the New Year.
The site say that six listed iPad models all lost over 100 GBP/163.79 USD of their re-sale value between 01/01/2013 and 31/01/2013 as trade-ins increased and recycling companies reduced pricing to stagger the amount sent into them. In fact, these tablet models lost more value than any of the 4,000+ devices listed on CompareMyMobile.
Top 10 devices which lost the most value in January:
1. Apple iPad 4 64GB Wi-Fi + 4G: -202.95 GBP/ -332.41 USD*
2. Apple iPad 4 32GB Wi-Fi + 4G: -155.05 GBP/ -253.96 USD*
3. Apple iPad 3 64GB Wi-Fi: -140 GBP/ -229.31 USD*
4. Apple iPad 3 32GB Wi-Fi: -125 GBP/ -204.74 USD*
5. Apple iPad 2 64GB Wi-Fi: -115 GBP/ 188.39 USD*
6. Apple iPad 2 64GB Wi-Fi: -110 GBP/ 180.17 USD*
7. Apple iPad 4 16GB Wi-Fi + 4G: -99.03 GBP/ 162.20 USD*
8. Apple iPad Mini 64GB Wi-Fi + 3G: -88.99 GBP/ 145.76 USD*
9. Apple iPad Mini 16GB Wi-Fi: -85 GBP/ 139.22 USD*
10. Apple iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi: -85 GBP/ 139.22 USD*
*Value lost between 01/01/2013 and 31/01/2013
CompareMyMobile warn consumers that they need to be conscious of timing when trading in old gadgets. Due to the release of Apples new iPad Mini with Retina Display and iPad Air the site predict that trade-in values could take a similar turn this year.
Currently the top traded-in Apple iPad models on the site are:
1. iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi: 14.64 percent*
2. iPad Mini 16GB Wi-Fi: 6.9 percent*
3. iPad 2 32GB Wi-Fi: 6.69 percent*
4. iPad 2 32GB Wi-Fi + 3G: 6.07 percent*
5. iPad 3 16GB Wi-Fi: 5.86 percent*
*Top iPad models being traded-in between 22/11/2013 and 22/12/2013
The top traded-in devices could be the ones to lose value most quickly, according to experts from the site, as recycling companies reduce prices to manage exit routes.
Ashley Turner, Co-Founder of the site CompareMyMobile says: As the recycling of mobile devices gets more popular, we want to educate the consumers on how to achieve the best value for their old device. Trends like this we see time and time again, and consumers upgrading should be aware of the potential loss in value certain types of gadget adopt following the holiday period.
Founded in 2009, CompareMyMobile.com is the UK's #1 source for independent mobile phone, tablet, sat nav, laptop, iPad, iPod and games console recycling price comparison. It delivers customers confidence in making the difficult decision of where to recycle their old phone safely and for the most money. CompareMyMobile.com is 100 percent impartial, comparing prices from more than 40 recycling stores. See attached about CompareMyMobile document for more information on the company.
Please visit our website, press page or follow our RSS feed for more stories like this.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/CompareMyMobile/iPadsLosingValueJanuary/prweb11444764.htm.