|Page (1) of 1 - 01/29/14||email article||print page|
CEG TEK Reports Over 5.7 Million Unique P2P Users Pirated Award Winning & Nominated Music Albums(January 29, 2014)
Beverly Hills, CA (PRWEB) January 29, 2014
From January 10, 2014 to January 26, 2014, 5.7 Million unique peers (users) Worldwide shared 68 Award Winning & Nominated Music Albums using the BitTorrent® peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing network, according to a new report issued by CEG TEK International (CEG TEK).
The album Nothing Was The Same by Drake was the most heavily pirated, with over 460,000 unique peers sharing his album during the 16-day monitoring period. Drakes Nothing Was The Same was also the most heavily pirated album in his home country of Canada.
The native country of many artists played a key role in piracy terms. Daft Punks Random Access Memories was most pirated in their home country of France, Lordes Pure Heroine was top in Australia and her native New Zealand, and UK natives Calvin Harris (18 months) and One Direction (Midnight Memories) were both the most heavily pirated in the UK.
The report, Award Winning & Nominated Music Albums P2P Piracy (accessible at http://www.cegtek.com/music2014), "highlights the staggering effect piracy has on recording artists and clearly shows specific geographic interests for certain artists, commented Co-Founder & COO, Kyle Reed.
The United States led the way in overall P2P piracy with over 1.9 Million unique peers (users) during the tracking period.
County Unique Peers (Users)
1) United States 1,920,643
2) Canada 591,618
3) United Kingdom 472,907
4) Brazil 263,746
5) Australia 241,503
6) France 198,396
7) Italy 158,133
8) Netherlands 152,766
9) Russian Federation 133,849
10) Spain 122,370
The figures for the United States and France are especially staggering when you consider that both have active deployments of six-strike and three-strike graduated response systems, said Reed.
Worldwide activity for the top 10 P2P pirated award winning & nominated albums were:
Artists, Album Unique Peers (Users)
1) Drake, Nothing Was the Same 466,111
2) Eminem, The Marshall Mathers 455,027
3) Daft Punk, Random Access Memories 408,899
4) Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience 301,634
5) Jay Z, Magna Carta...Holy Grail 301,552
6) Lorde, Pure Heroine 288,659
7) Kendrick Lamar, Good Kid, M.A.A.D City 202,849
8) One Direction, Midnight Memories 182,071
9) J. Cole, Born Sinner 173,301
10) Taylor Swift, Red 159,742
In the US, the top 10 P2P pirated award winning & nominated albums were:
Artists, Album Unique Peers (Users)
1) Drake, Nothing Was the Same 244,813
2) Jay Z, Magna Carta...Holy Grail 148,911
3) Eminem, The Marshall Mathers 134,024
4) Kendrick Lamar, Good Kid, M.A.A.D City 109,378
5) J. Cole, Born Sinner 107,924
6) Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience 98,454
7) Lorde, Pure Heroine 76,117
8) Daft Punk, Random Access Memories 58,800
9) Lil Wayne, I Am Not a Human Being II 48,791
10) John Legend, Love In The Future 47,803
CEG TEK's proprietary detection software was designed with several unique abilities including tracking without actively participating in peer-to-peer networks. "Over the past decade, we've seen a significant shift in the way music is consumed online," said Jon Nicolini, Co-Founder & CTO, "but peer-to-peer networks still play a key role in its illicit spread worldwide."
Visit http://www.cegtek.com/music2014 to see the full Award Winning & Nominated Music Albums P2P Piracy Report and expanded data on all 68 Albums tracked including:
- Album Specific Statistics
- Top P2P Album by Country
- Worldwide Gross P2P Statistics by Album
- United States Gross P2P Statistics by Album
To learn more about CEG TEK's services or to schedule a free consultation please call 877 526 7974 ext 175, email salesteam(at)cegtek(dot)com, or visit http://www.cegtek.com.
CEG TEK offers comprehensive anti-piracy solutions and in-depth business intelligence services to combat digital piracy. Customized to suit the specific needs of all content creators of film, audio, video, image, text, video games and software, CEG TEK's automated process continuously monitors valuable features, detects and validates infringements, and responds immediately to minimize loss. CEG TEK's proprietary system provides multiple anti-piracy solutions including a service solution that is available at no cost to the content owner.
- Content Takedown: CEG TEK's proprietary Takedown Notice service provides perpetual global monitoring and managed takedown notifications for creative content across multiple Peer-to-Peer protocols and websites.
- Content Tracking: CEG TEK's Data Services identify infringements and provide an invaluable flow of raw data.
- Business Intelligence: CEG TEK's Business Intelligence service provides the data analysis content owners need to accurately interpret data and make key business decisions.
- Monetization: CEG TEK's premier Monetization service protects and monetizes content across multiple Peer-to-Peer protocols and websites, at no cost to the content rights owner.
CEG TEK understands the extensive lengths, sacrifices, and recording artists and content owners take to reach fans worldwide. CEG TEK's in-house team of Technology and Intellectual Property Experts work together to ensure your valuable content & assets are protected. To learn more about CEG TEK's services, please visit http://www.cegtek.com. To schedule a free consultation during please call 877 526 7974 ext 175 or email salesteam(at)cegtek(dot)com.
About CEG TEK International
CEG TEK International provides first-in-class copyright, trademark and brand protection, offering in-depth business intelligence and comprehensive anti-piracy solutions to rights & content owners worldwide. Cutting edge technology enables us to track, analyze, and protect all types of content & assets including Movies, Music, Video Games, Software, Books, Images, Logos, Brands, Trademarks, Products, and Text across multiple Peer-to-Peer protocols (P2P) and websites globally. To learn more about CEG TEK's services, please visit http://www.cegtek.com.
"BitTorrent" is a registered trademark of BitTorrent, Inc. All trademarks and registered trademarks other than "CEG" and "CEG TEK" are the property of their respective owners and are not associated with Copyright Enforcement Group LLC d/b/a CEG TEK International.
Copyright © 2013 Copyright Enforcement Group LLC d/b/a CEG TEK International
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/cegtek/music2014/prweb11532887.htm.