|Page (1) of 1 - 04/15/14||email article||print page|
Buckhead Soccer Bar Anticipates Arthur Blank's MLS Team Announcement(April 15, 2014)
Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) April 15, 2014
Fadó Irish Pub offers a first-hand look at soccer as a sub-culture and how it has been thriving for years.
In America, talk of soccer historically has evoked images of mini-vans and orange slices, but times are changing. There is a new face of soccer in America, and the soccer mom has nothing to do with it. There is a subculture of soccer in Atlanta that has been thriving for years, and with the pending MLS announcement by Arthur Blank on April 16, Atlantans will not only be talking about this team but how its exactly the right time to do it. In preparation of the announcement, the team at Fadó Irish Pub, a soccer institution in Atlanta, has created an advisory with must-have information as well as resident experts available for interview and photo opportunities.
- In 1996, Fadó Irish Pub in Buckhead opened its doors, becoming one of the only bars in Atlanta at the time to purchase the television packages and offer live European soccer to expats on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- Year after year, each May Fadó is at capacity for the European inter-league tournament, UEFA Champions League Final
- ESPN buys the rights to English Premier League (EPL) in 2009 and Fadó witnesses a surge in American Soccer fans watching EPL at the pub.
- During World Cup 1998, 2002, 2006 and 2010, Fadó proudly showed all 64 games of the tournament live.
- Again, showing all games live, Fadó has enjoyed capacity crowds for the 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008 UEFA Euro Cup, which is considered 2nd in prestige to the World Cup.
- By 2013, the Atlanta Silverbacks, local semi-professional soccer team, claims sell-out capacity to multiple summer matches
- In August 2013, in a 3 year deal, NBC buys the rights to EPL. By October viewership was up 90% compared with same period last term.
Photos and Interview Opportunities are available upon request:
- Russell Belcher, native Londoner and life-long Arsenal fan, has tended bar at Fadó for over 10 years and witnessed the growth of soccer first-hand.
- Customers, Americans and expats alike, can share their story, their team and why they are excited about Atlanta being host to an MLS team.
- April 16 - Arthur Blank announces plans to bring MLS team to Atlanta
- April 16 at 2.45 - EPL matches live at Fado Irish Pub
- April 20 at 7a.m. - EPL matches live at Fado Irish Pub featuring top 4 contenders
- May 11 - Final Day of EPL
- May 27, June 1 & June 7 - US Mens National Team send off matches. Live at Fado Irish Pub
- June 12 - July 13 - World Cup 2014
About Fadó Irish Pub
Fadó Irish Pub is an Irish Pub distinguished by its genuine Irish hospitality, quality and craic (Gaelic for "good times"). Fadó was formed by three Irish and Irish-American entrepreneurs and opened in Atlanta in January 1996. Fado is well known for it's imported Dublin decor, state of the art draught beer system and European sports experience, including soccer. A US Soccer bar, Fado Irish Pub has enjoyed "best soccer bar" accolades year after year across multiple markets. Currently, Fado Irish Pub and, sister concept, Tigin Irish Pub are located in 14 different cities around the country including Atlanta, Annapolis, Austin, Chicago, Columbus, Washington D.C., Dallas, Denver, Philadelphia, New York, Miami, Stamford, St Louis, and Seattle.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11765207.htm.