|Page (1) of 1 - 07/01/14||email article||print page|
Beamly relaunch brings record traffic for the social TV platform
NEW YORK, LONDONand SYDNEY, July 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Social TV platform Beamly has seen its number of monthly active users triple since Q1 and the associated re-branding, accompanied by major increases in weekly visit frequency and user retention.
The free app was reborn under its new brand in April of this year coupled with widening positioning that took it from its 2nd screen roots to become a full 24/7 content and social network for TV.
In line with the re-launch, which was accompanied by partnerships with 100+ TV and pop culture influencers:
- Global monthly active Beamly users have tripled to 3M in June and continue to grow at 30% compound per month, compared to Q1 levels
- Frequency of use has doubled from 2.7 to 5.4 visits per user per week
- New user retention has increased from 23% to 43%
- Average session lengths have grown to 28m per app user
Beamly co-founder and CEO Ernesto Schmitt said: "We're delighted with the growth we're experiencing, and with the confirmation that Beamly's freshly-defined proposition is resonating with consumers."
"Now over 60% of Beamly's user base is under 30. These super fans who love TV and pop culture have been engaging heavily with us - not just as a second screen app, but a 24/7 offering which mirrors TV viewers' emotional engagement with their favorite shows and celebrities across the day," said Jason Forbes, Beamly US Managing Director.
With the Beamly, TV fans have a single 24/7 destination where they can:
- follow the shows and stars they love to get personalized news and social feeds updated live
- find and follow other fans to connect with around shared passions
- chat and share in TV Rooms Beamly's unique social spaces for television, hosted by TV influencers, celebrities and passionate superfans
- discover what to watch with Beamly's super-smart personalized guide
- interact live with their favorite shows via custom playalong games, contextual votes and more, all synched live to what's on screen
Beamly is available free from Google Play for Android, the App Store for iPhone and iPad, and on the web at http://beamly.com
Notes To Editors:
Beamly is the world's leading content and social network for TV. Beamly was founded in 2011 by former iPlayer CTO Anthony Rose and EMI executive Ernesto Schmitt. The company is based in London, New York and Sydney.
Beamly press enquiries:
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Mac, Android, OS9, OSX, Apple Computer, Television, Internet Technology, Other,