|Page (1) of 1 - 01/30/14||email article||print page|
Acuity Games Creates Brain Game Based On Alzheimers Test(January 30, 2014)
Pompton Plains, NJ (PRWEB) January 30, 2014
Brain games developer Acuity Games is pleased to announce the creation of Acuity Games:Total Recall, the 11th game in their growing line-up of brain health assessment-based brain games.
Total Recall was inspired by the MMSE (mini mental-state examination) question that requires patients to repeat a list of three objects and recall them later. Total Recall allows players to choose: the objects categories to recall, the number of objects to recall, and the length of time prior to recalling the objects.
The biggest problem with the MMSE is that is given too late, usually when there is a potential diagnosis of Alzheimers disease, said Dan Hansen, founder of Acuity Games. We need to start measuring our brain health much earlier, when we can take effective action to prevent Alzheimers and other dementias.
To prevent the expected tripling of dementia cases by 2050 we need to begin improving our brain health now, and the best way to improve is to measure, he concluded.
Total Recall, like all Acuity Games apps, provides revolutionary brain health assessment that can help improve the brain health results of lifestyle choices, helping to prevent dementia. Acuity Games: Total Recall will be available on Apples iTunes App Store as a free download with minor feature limitations that can be removed via a $0.99 in-app purchase. The game is scheduled for release in mid-February.
Learn more: http://acuity-games.com
About Acuity Games
People who weigh themselves are more successful at maintaining a healthy weight. Acuity Games brain games apply the same principle as a bathroom scale to help maintain a healthy brain. Monthly and yearly brain health assessment makes it incredibly easy to see changes to brain health. With up to 100 years of assessment, Acuity Games' Universal apps for iPhone and iPad motivate people to make the healthy lifestyle choices that maintain brain health. Acuity Games apps are a scale for your brain.
The current lineup of brain games includes:
- Concentration: Match sets of hidden letters, numbers or shapes.
- Edge Match: Match scrambled square puzzle tiles using colors and patterns.
- Flash 2: The classic game of Simon Says using flashes and sounds.
- Grid Guru: Tap tiles to repeat increasingly complex patterns.
- Matchematics: Match sets of unsolved math expressions.
- Shape Shift: Match shapes before they shift positions.
- Sudoku: Match every row, column, and 3x3 sub-grid with the numbers 1 to 9.
- Word Crunch: Find words before the letter tiles get crunched.
- Word Hunt: Trace adjacent letters to form words of three letters or more.
- Word Warrior: Form words from previously highlighted lettered tiles.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/AcuityGames/TotalRecall/prweb11533043.htm.