|Page (1) of 1 - 04/20/14||email article||print page|
2014 Mensa Mind Games® Winners Announced(April 20, 2014)
Arlington, TX (PRWEB) April 20, 2014
250 judges, 56 competitor games, and forty-four hours of nonstop board game action later, five games claim bragging rights as Mensa Select® winners. Lone Star Mensa hosted this years event in Austin, TX. Members of American Mensa, the high IQ association, selected five Mensa Select winners at its 2014 Mind Games event. Out of the 56 entries in this years competition, only these five will have the honor of displaying the coveted Mensa Select® seal. This years Mensa Select games are:
- Gravwell: Escape from the 9th Dimension: Elegant race game with deep strategy unique gravity-based movement. Simultaneously revealed cards determine move order and distance, but direction depends on proximity to other ships. (Cryptozoic Entertainment, cryptozoic.com)
- Qwixx: Simple to play but each decision is crucial. The more numbers you cross off, the more points out score. With no downtime between turns, youll have a chance to gain from each and every roll. (Gamewright, gamewright.com)
- Pyramix: Take turns removing one cube at a time from the pyramid stack in this strategic game. Plan your move carefully as the bottom-most cubes are worth big points at the end! (Gamewright, gamewright.com)
- The Duke: Each tiles side shows a different movement pattern. Each tiles side shows a different movement pattern. Capture the Duke tile to win. (Catalyst Game Labs, catalystgamelabs.com)
- Euphoria: Build a Better Dystopia: A dystopian cityscape awaits your leadership and you make strategic choices to construct markets, enhance allegiances, and expand control in this thematic dice worker-placement game. (Stonemaier Games, stonemaiergames.com)
Mensa Select games are challenging, creative, and most importantly, fun, said Greg Webster, Chief Judge of this years Mind Games event. We are so excited to be some of the first people to play these games and be able to share our insights with other board game fans. To find out about the competing games and the winners, visit mindgames.us.mensa.org.
American Mensa is an organization open to anyone who scores in the top 2 percent on an accepted, standardized intelligence test. Mensa has more than 56,000 members in the United States and more than 110,000 members globally. For more information about Mensa, visit americanmensa.org or call (800) 66-MENSA.
# # #
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11779026.htm.